Expected Student Outcomes
Oakdale Christian Academy is a Christ-centered community that leads students from diverse racial, ethnic, cultural, and international communities to lives of learning, serving others, and loving God. Delivering Christ-honoring services to students, families, and stakeholders, the members of the Oakdale staff are spiritually maturing Christians who minister to students through modeling and upholding a Christian learning and living community.
Faculty, staff, and administrators oversee, model, and teach taking into account the developmental growth needs of each student. Participation in the boarding program provides the opportunity to experience more profoundly the benefits of Oakdale’s Christ-centered community.
The overall goal for Oakdale graduates is that they will embrace Christ and their lives will reflect a Christian stewardship focus toward self, education, occupation, family, and community. The academic program and boarding school program are designed to provide experiences with the aim of these expected student outcomes:
Students will be prepared for college admission and career effectiveness through a quality academic education based on Christian values, supported by the boarding program. Each student will:
- Acquire well-rounded knowledge, the pursuit of which leads to personal enrichment.
- Acquire critical and creative thinking abilities.
- Learn to read and listen receptively.
- Learn effective and responsible written and spoken communication skills.
- Come to value the journey of life-long learning as whole persons.
Students will make the decision to center their lives on the example and teachings of Jesus Christ. They will obtain a deep understanding of Christ followership through a curriculum informed by the teachings of Jesus Christ and scripture and through the Christ-centered community of the boarding program. Each student will:
- Profess a relationship with Christ.
- Pursue discipleship and exhibit spiritual maturing after the pattern and image of Christ.
- Prepare for life-long service to God.
- Attain Biblical literacy for application to daily life.
- Value the Church and corporate worship as the body of Christ.
Students will understand that God is relevant to every part of their lives and will apply Christian character to all aspects of life. Through instruction in the classroom and guidance in the boarding program, each student will:
- Attain a character quality of respect for oneself and others.
- Develop Christlikeness toward others through kindness, gratitude, and service.
- Understand how God can be seen in every aspect of life.
- Develop a stewardship perspective towards creation.
- Demonstrate positive leadership skills.
Students will learn life skills that are applicable to all life experiences, chosen professions, and activities. Each student will:
- Develop interpersonal skills for social, professional, and societal contexts.
- Learn and practice personal hygiene and healthy life practices.
- Develop time management skills and responsible use of technology.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Prepare for the autonomy of college and work life.