Position Opening: Cook
The cook reports to the director of food services.
Primary job summary: Assist in the planning and preparation of meals and special events. Assist in other food preparation duties as directed; maintain facilities in a clean and sanitary condition; maintain records as required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Maintain food quality standards including appearance and nutritional requirements.
- Prepare and serve food in accordance with health and sanitation regulations.
- Prepare and bake food for special events as needed; assist at banquets or special events as required.
- Participate in the cleaning of kitchen facilities, equipment, utensils and appliances
- Comply to kitchen sanitation and safety procedures and regulations
- Assists in receiving deliveries from vendors and organization/maintenance of inventory.
- Supervise student dish crews and job training crews as assigned.
- Maintains and supplies job training crews with supplies as required.
- Provide other food services as needed and directed.
- Complies with schedules and time lines.
- Other duties as assigned.
All staff members are expected to participate in areas of the Oakdale ministry beyond the confines of duties and responsibilities listed above.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Principles of good nutrition and quantity food preparations and services.
- Price and portion and storage methods.
- Proper operation and maintenance of food service equipment.
- Food handling, safety and sanitation standards and techniques.
- Inventory and record-keeping procedures.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Principles and methods of quantity food service preparation, serving and storage.
- Sanitation and safety practices related to handling, cooking, baking and serving food.
- Methods of preparing and serving food in large quantities.
- Use of standard kitchen equipment, utensils and measurements.
- Health and safety regulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma is required. A college degree is preferred.