Director of Admissions
Oakdale Christian Academy has an opening for the position of director of admissions. Evidence of relevant experience or related skills is a must. Personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is essential.
The Director of Admissions reports to the President.
Areas of Responsibility: Admissions
Position Statement: The director of admissions is charged with performing duties and directing activities that result in prospective students learning about Oakdale and completing their applications for enrollment.
Major Duties and Essential Functions:
- Respond to admissions inquiries
- Host campus visits by prospective students
- Coordinate admissions publicity efforts
- Guide student families through the admission process
- Coordinate the review of applicants with the principal, dean of students, and business manager
- Travel to churches, camps, and the homes of prospective students
- Processing I-20 applications for international students
Related Responsibilities: This position requires flexibility in scheduling for admissions travel and hosting campus visits by prospective students.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ease of computer use and ability to learn new computer and other technology
- The ability to travel independently
Budget Responsibilities: Responsible for adherence to admissions budget
Campus Service: To create positive interactions with students and staff, participate in the life of the Oakdale ministry, and attend the Oakdale Free Methodist Church
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree is required. Experience in related work is desired but not necessary.