Director of Donor Relations
Reports to: The President of the Academy.
Primary Job Summary: The Director of Donor Relations is responsible for designing, implementing and coordinating an institution-wide donor relation and stewardship system that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels.
Performance Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee activities for building and sustaining positive relations between the Academy and its donors.
- Oversee the acknowledgement and receipting process for all gifts including but not limited to acknowledgement letters (monthly, quarterly, annually, campaign specific), year-end giving statements, for all gifts received from donors.
- Prepare documents needed for various stewardship / scholarship communications including annual scholarship statements to donors of endowed scholarships.
- Assist in fundraising for current fund and special projects including relationship building with donors, churches, and the local community.
- Assist office personnel in receiving campus guests, giving tours, and answering incoming calls.
- Assist in coordination and hosting work teams and visiting campus groups.
- Represent the institution at churches and denominational conferences, and coordinate ministry team activities and travel with student groups.
- Assist in the production of the Oakleaf Newsletter, the Monday Memo, social media activities, and press releases.
- Coordinate homecoming activities and other campus events.
- Manage the corporate gift matching process for gifts from donors.
- Assist with donor database updates.
- Complete all other tasks or projects as assigned.
- Proficiency in various software programs (e.g. Microsoft Word, Adobe Creative Suites).
- Ability to learn software programs and online platforms.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to create positive connections between groups of people.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: A bachelor’s degree is required. Experience in related work is desired, although training will be provided to a talented applicant without direct experience in this field.
- Maintain positive relationships with students and staff and participate in the life of the Oakdale ministry.
- Participate in areas of the ministry beyond the job descriptions of their positions as specified in the Employee Handbook.
- Attend the Oakdale Free Methodist Church.