Position Opening: Manager of Administrative Services
Reports to: Business Manager or President
Primary Job Summary: Provides administrative support for essential functions and serves as conduit between the school and its accounting firm, parents, and outside vendors, while maintaining the performance duties and responsibilities as described below.
Performance Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Make deposits and transfer funds between financial institutions.
- Oversee collection of student accounts.
- Negotiate with student families to reach billing agreements.
- Serve on the Scholarship Committee.
- Prepare expense receipts for processing with the accountant.
- Solicit and assist in awarding bids for services and contractors.
- Oversee E-rate grant program.
- Process new employee payroll and benefit paperwork.
- Administer retirement plans and health benefit programs.
- Create pay and fringe benefit packages for prospective employees.
- Process background checks on all prospective employees.
- Manage campus keys.
- Order office equipment and supplies.
- Prepare and generate contribution receipts and gift acknowledgement letters.
- Enter gifts into donor management software.
- Process vehicle donations.
- All staff members are expected to participate in areas of the ministry beyond the job descriptions of their positions. Those expectations are specified in the Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
Proficiency in various software programs (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Ability to read, interpret and follow rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn software programs.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interpret financial reports.
- Understanding of QuickBooks or other accounting software.
- Prior use of Donor Perfect or other donor management software.
- Experience in data entry.
- Understanding of issues related to human resources.
- Understanding of basic computers and information technology.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor’s degree is required. Specific training in a finance-related or human resource-related field is preferred, but related prior job experience may suffice.
For more information, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Daniel Fisher, President, 5801 Beattyville Rd, Jackson, KY 41339, firstname.lastname@example.org