Position Opening: Math Teacher
Oakdale Christian Academy has a teaching position opening in the area of math. A bachelor’s degree in math is required, although a teaching certificate is not required. Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is essential.
TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION
Primary Job Summary: Performs the duties of a classroom educator in accordance with the following guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Plan and execute lessons as a classroom educator.
- Maintain sufficient mastery of academic material to challenge, inspire, and educate students in a classroom setting.
- Establish and maintains an effective learning climate in the classroom.
- Help to monitor and supervise all students whether on school property or on field trips of any nature.
- Assist in the supervision and utilization of academic support services: (e.g. library, computer lab, evening study halls)
- Supervise the use of classroom academic facilities and materials.
- Assist in the formulation and institution of policies and regulations.
- Submit all appropriate paperwork including academic and effort grades, attendance information, reports of negative behavior, explanations of failing grades, etc.
- Attend chapel and church services.
- Attend teachers’ meetings
- Assist in apportioning the academic portion of the general operating budget.
- Pursue professional development with particular regard to academic qualifications and improved teaching skills.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding classroom curriculum.
- Keep the principal informed about activities and problems related to the academic program.
- Participate in the accreditation process.
- Keep abreast of the changes and developments in the profession by attending professional meeting, reading professional journals and other publications, and discussing problems of mutual interest with others in the field.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Is responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of the classroom. Responsibilities include teaching, evaluation, and assessment of students, as well as disciplining students, addressing their complaints and resolving problems.
Supplemental Ministry: All staff are expected to participate in areas of the Oakdale ministry beyond the confines of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities as listed above.
Related Responsibilities: Classroom discipline, academic incentives, tardiness records and policies, grading records and procedures, study halls, computer resources, library, yearbook, academic field trips, school notes.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in math is required. Although teacher certification and/or an education degree is preferred, neither is required. The successful candidate will be ready to pursue and maintain training and certification through ACSI or an equivalent certifying body, however.
5801 Beattyville Rd, Jackson, KY 41339