Reports to: The Principal of the Academy.
Primary Job Summary: The School Nurse is responsible for oversight of all student healthcare and wellness programs and activities of the school.
Performance Duties and Responsibilities
Prescription Medication Management
- Maintain all prescription medications in a secure setting
- Distribute medications to individual pill containers
- Provide training and oversight to staff who distribute medication
- Contact parents for medication refills
- Develop system for taking medication in, tracking and logging it
Daily Health Care Needs
- Provide injury and illness assessments for students sent to the nurses office
- Check-in as indicated on IHPs with chronic students
- Coordinate flu shots for staff and students annually
- Inventory and order OTC medications and basic medical supplies
- Provide annual vision screenings to students as well as when issues arise
- Provide annual hearing screenings to students as well as when issues arise
- Provide health screenings as needed for students as a part of the IEP process
Individualized Health Plans
- Work with the Director of Special Education to write IHPs for all students with medical conditions
- Provide staff training needed for chronic condition management
- Maintain all documentation for IHPs
- Follow-up with parents about IHPs as indicated
- Ensure all students are enrolled in Medicaid or K.C.H.I.P. if eligible
- Keep records of all student insurance policies
- Confirm all immunizations and work with families to get needed immunizations
- Correctly document and chart all student health care
- Collect, organize and distribute medical information as needed
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN), or Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Commitment to a collaborative approach to student health
- Previous experience with Medicaid billing
- Ability to understand complex systems
- Ability to seek out and learn information and work independently
- Extremely organized
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create lasting relationships
Job Type: Part-time
- Maintain positive relationships with students and staff and participate in the life of the Oakdale ministry.
- Participate in areas of the ministry beyond the job descriptions of their positions as specified in the Employee Handbook.
- Attend the Oakdale Free Methodist Church.