Institutional Identity and Mission
Oakdale Christian Academy seeks to impact student lives through a college-preparatory education, a nurturing boarding program, and the life-changing knowledge of Jesus Christ. Rigorous college-preparatory curriculum is key to student achievement, and includes strong components in the humanities, history, mathematics and the natural sciences.
The theological orientation of the academy, founded by leaders of the Free Methodist Church, is informed by Wesleyan-Arminian teaching, which calls for wholeness in personal, church and civic life. Students are pointed to faith in Christ as the foundation for lives of commitment and service to which the academy aspires for each student.
Our mission is to change lives by providing a challenging educational program and a Christ-centered community for teenagers from a broad spectrum of experiences, leading them to lives of learning, serving others, and loving God.
We are an affordable Christian boarding school with…
- A rich 80-year history and a mission to serve our students and the world
- A Christian philosophy of education, proving a top education taught with along with firm beliefs
- A fully accredited program — the first to gain ACSI accreditation as well
- An incredibly educated faculty, providing influence and example to students
- SEVIS approval to issue I-20’s to international students
- A successful and exciting athletic program and great extra-curricular activities
- Small class sizes and personal attention to each student
- Direct connections for admission to leading Christian colleges (college placement rate of 90%!)