A Message from the President
At Oakdale Christian Academy, we help teenagers experience holistic, Christ-centered growth with an approach that is beyond the capacity of traditional settings. I believe that the more you learn about Oakdale, the more you will see how our individualized approach to personal, spiritual, and educational wholeness is right for your student.
1. A Christ-Centered Community. Oakdale makes Christ central to its mission and activities, but this is true at many Christian schools. What is especially powerful about Oakdale is that staff members and their families live on the same 12-acre campus with the students. In a 24/7 community, students see examples of Christ-centered lives, and staff members are always there to provide direction and support.
2. A Boarding Program with a “First in the U.S.” Status. It is not simply that we offer a boarding program to its students that makes us unique; Oakdale further distinguishes itself by being the first school in the U.S. to receive boarding accreditation by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
3. An Academically Rigorous Learning Environment. Oakdale is fully accredited by ACSI and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) through Advanc-ED. The college placement rate of our graduates is over ninety percent.
4. World-Class Facilities. Seven new buildings in the past 20 years include the Beacon Center classroom and gymnasium building (2005), The Inn girls’ dorm (2015), and Odermann Hall boys’ dorm (2018), with a new dining hall under construction.
5. An Affordable Option. It is not just that we are among the lowest-priced boarding schools in the U.S. that makes OCA affordable. Our financial aid programs make it possible for students in any income bracket to attend. This in itself is unlike nearly any other school.
All five characteristics are found at Oakdale Christian Academy. It is the combination of these distinctions that sets us apart from other boarding and educational opportunities. I pray that as you learn more about Oakdale, you will see how your student can unlock their potential at Oakdale Christian Academy.
Daniel Fisher, Ph.D., is the President of Oakdale Christian Academy and provides overall leadership for the school. He began in 1995 as Director of Development and was appointed as President in 2001. Dr. Fisher holds a Ph.D. in Higher Education from Azusa Pacific University after earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Music from Greenville University and a Master’s in Education from Seattle Pacific University.
More from the President
There is so much more to learn about Oakdale! Click below to explore the blog archives.