Every late December, I look back at Oakdale’s year and wonder: How does Oakdale top that? Unlike with my potato soup, the stakes are much higher, and the next year is going to happen whether I am ready or not. We can’t be “intimidated by our success” and not try. So we start again on January 1.
- We started construction on Odermann Hall and leave 2016 poised to occupy the renovated and expanded boys’ dorm in early 2017.
- We completed reaccreditation with ACSI and AdvancED, representing the two “gold standard” accreditation granting agencies available to schools, Christian or secular.
- We graduated another amazing class of seniors who are now in the world making a difference and continuing their preparation for lives of service, loving God, and serving others.
- We received a $600,000 gift toward a $900,000 dining hall, which will begin construction in 2017.
- Our board of trustees made a $123,000 matching gift — a dollar-for-dollar match for contributions between now and March 1 so that we can complete Odermann Hall.