There are always two areas of focus for the Oakdale ministry:
- Pursue the ministry that is before us as we meet the spiritual, education, and social needs of the students enrolled right now. We never know what opportunities for ministry will appear in the next minute. Being present with the Lord’s help to meet those needs is our most important calling.
- Prepare our organization, staff, and facilities for future ministry. Here are ways that we intend to prepare during the next 12 months:
- With a generous $600,000 gift from Liberty Road Community Church to help us begin, we will soon begin construction on a new cafeteria building. May Hall, this new building, will provide ample space for many hours (30-40 hours per week) of community living and ministry! Completion will require $400,000 in additional funding.
- The continuous delight of seeing our students finding and walking in Christ’s light is made possible by the faithful support of our scholarship and financial aid budget. This $300,000 will be met by faithful friends who make gifts of all sizes. Every gift counts!
- When we begin fall semester in August, the following resources will allow us to begin the school year with the tools we need:
Touchscreen displays for the English class and the library
Video projector for the chapel
Job Training equipment (lawn mowers, weed eaters, etc)
Athletic program expenses
We look forward to beginning this new year with you as our partner in ministry.