Statement of Faith and Doctrine
All faculty and staff members engaged in service for the school are required to sign the following statement, which is taken from the Free Methodist Church Articles of Religion, 2011.
- I believe that there is but one living and true God, the maker and preserver of all things. And in the unity of this Godhead there are three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. These three are one in eternity, deity and purpose; everlasting, of infinite power, wisdom and goodness.
- I believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, who came to save us. He suffered, was crucified, dead and buried. He is our Savior, the one perfect mediator between God and us. He is risen victorious from the dead and ascended into heaven. There He sits at the right hand of God the Father, where He intercedes for us. He will return to judge all people. Every knee will bow and every tongue confess Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- I believe in the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity. The Holy Spirit is the effective agent in our conviction, regeneration, sanctification and glorification. He is our Lord’s ever-present self, indwelling, assuring and enabling the believer. The Holy Spirit is poured out upon the church by the Father and the Son. He is the church’s life and witnessing power. He bestows the love of God and makes real the lordship of Jesus Christ in the believer so that both His gifts of words and service may achieve the common good and build and increase the church. In relation to the world He is the Spirit of truth, and His instrument is the Word of God.
- I believe the Bible is God’s written Word, uniquely inspired by the Holy Spirit. It bears unerring witness to Jesus Christ, the living Word. As attested by the early church and subsequent councils, it is the trustworthy record of God’s revelation, completely truthful in all it affirms. It has been faithfully preserved and proves itself true in human experience. The Scriptures have come to us through human authors who wrote, as God moved them, in the languages and literary forms of their times. God continues, by the illumination of the Holy Spirit, to speak through this Word to each generation and culture. The Bible has authority over all human life. It teaches the truth about God, His creation, His people, His one and only Son and the destiny of humankind. It also teaches the way of salvation and the life of faith. Whatever is not found in the Bible nor can be proved by it is not to be required as an article of belief or as necessary to salvation.
- I believe God created human beings in His own image, innocent, morally free and responsible to choose between good and evil, right and wrong. By the sin of Adam, humans as the offspring of Adam are corrupted in their very nature so that from birth they are inclined to sin. They are unable by their own strength and work to restore themselves in right relationship with God and to merit eternal salvation. God, the Omnipotent, provides all the resources of the Trinity to make it possible for humans to respond to His grace through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. By God’s grace and help people are enabled to do good works with a free will.
- I believe Christ offered once and for all the one perfect sacrifice for the sins of the whole world. No other satisfaction for sin is necessary; none other can atone.
- I believe a new life and a right relationship with God are made possible through the redemptive acts of God in Christ Jesus. God by His Spirit, acts to impart new life and put people into a relationship with Himself as they repent and their faith responds to His grace. Justification, regeneration, adoption, sanctification and restoration speak significantly to entrance into and continuance in the new life.
- I believe that sanctification is that saving work of God beginning with new life in Christ whereby the Holy Spirit renews His people after the likeness of God, changing them through crisis and process, from one degree of glory to another, and conforming them to the image of Christ. As believers surrender to God in faith and die to self through full consecration, the Holy Spirit fills them with love and purifies them from sin. This sanctifying relationship with God remedies the divided mind, redirects the heart to God, and empowers believers to please and serve God in their daily lives. Thus, God sets His people free to love Him with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to love their neighbor as themselves.
We are an affordable Christian boarding school with…
- A rich 99-year history and a mission to serve our students and the world
- A Christian philosophy of education, proving a top education taught with along with firm beliefs
- A fully accredited program — the first to gain ACSI accreditation as well
- An incredibly educated faculty, providing influence and example to students
- SEVIS approval to issue I-20’s to international students
- A successful and exciting athletic program and great extra-curricular activities
- Small class sizes and personal attention to each student
- Direct connections for admission to leading Christian colleges (college placement rate of 90%!)